Thursday, July 17, 2008

disneyland

Joy posted all about our trip to disneyland. Thanks Joy, for doing it so I don't have to!


Some of you wondered why disneyland and why now. Here is my answer: I promised myself I would get to go to disneyland when I lost a certain amount of weight. I did it a few months back, so I decided it was time to make good on that promise. I got an email on Monday from Delta that tickets were $59 each way to Long Beach (seriously? so cheap!), which is less than 5 minutes from my sister's house. By Wednesday we were booked and by Saturday morning we were on our way. Shannon was sweet enough to pick us up from the airport, let us stay at her house (and made her kids sleep on the coach so we could sleep in beds), drive us to disneyland, pick up Mae in the middle of the day so we could stay late, watch Mae while we played in disneyland, make us dinner, etc, etc. THANK YOU SHANNON!!!

We had an awesome time. We ate way too much junk food and the money I spent on Mickey paraphernalia could feed a family of eight for a month. We can't wait to go back!

8 comments:

janae said...

Okay, now THAT is what I call motivation! I think I'll go to Disney World (much closer) when I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. You are my inspiration!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

What a great way to reward yourself and you look so good.

Ruth said...

Hooray for you! I love the pictures.

SNSsoup said...

You look FABULOUS Heidi! I love the picture of you girls with Pluto- so cute. I think that's
gr8t that you treated yourself with a trip to Disneyland for loosing all that weight. I think I should do that myself- when I loose all of this pregnancy weight I'll head there too. (note: I'll probably make a trip or two there before I shed all the pounds- how can a resist visiting Disneyland when I'm in So-Cal anyhow visiting family?!) Oh yeah- airline tickets for $59 ?!?!?! Could you pass those email notices onto me too so I can catch a cheap flight?

austinamasandra said...

You look GREAT!!!!

Elisa said...

You look amazing and what a fun trip! I love being so spontaneous. And you have an incredible sister tp dp all that for you! Don't you just love sisters??
We are heading to Disneyland in October with the kiddos and I think I might be a little more excited than they are! I'm a nerd!!

heather telford photography said...

how fun i love Disneyland!! you look great by the way!!