Saturday, April 18, 2009

mission reunion

i still can't decide about my high school reunion. but it's never a decision to go to a mission reunion if this man is in town.

to be honest, almost all of the sisters have moved away, and the elders still treat sisters like they're diseased. so i don't really see any missionaries. but it doesn't matter because i get approximately 2 minutes with presidente and sister soares. and, presidente always gives a short fireside where i am inspired again.

presidente is one of my heros. aside from patiently guiding and believing in me on my mission, he sealed jayson and i in the temple. seeing him every april is one of the highlights of my year.

7 comments:

Jolie said...

Amen querida! I love them both. And DANG, you are all lookin' hot in that picture!! You and Sister Soares look like you're glowing. Has President Soares lost weight? His face looks thinner than I remember.
Wish I could've been there!!

janae said...

I thought Presiden-ch looked pretty thin as well. I'm sad I missed the reunion! :( Agreed on the Elder's though. Why do they act so dumb around us still? They act normal in their wards and around other women, why do they turn on the cootie-detectors at mission reunions?? I so don't get it.

heidizinha said...

yes girls, presidente has lost quite a bit of weight. i can't remember how many kilos they said, but it was a lot. he said he doesn't eat fried food or deserts anymore. he looks amazing!

Sharalea said...

I had a great time at the mission reunion in 05--but I am still so shocked that the Elders were on *one side* and we were on the *other*. CRAZY. It is amazing to associate with such amazing leaders as the Soares'. I'm so glad you get to see them every year--(jealous!).

I echo Jolie...you are hot, heidi! I love the hair & you are glowing!

chloe said...

Um...loving the hair color!!! You guys look fabulous!

Jolie said...

okay so I just decided to follow the link you created for Pres Soares and I couldn't believe my eyes! WIKIPEDIA?!?!?!?!
I guess that's how you know that you've "made it". When you are defined on the definitive source of all information in this universe---Wikipedia. ;-)

Callie Canlas said...

yes please! we were talking last night about how we want to grow old and die together on that beautiful rock...hope you're feeling okay! we need to get together before weston makes his debut. i'll be in touch :)