Wednesday, October 14, 2009

baby horsie

Mae has been insisting for a couple months that she has a baby in her tummy. She was very sure of herself--always telling me that "baby horsie" was kicking, or asleep, or crying. We indulged her for awhile, because...why not? But as my delivery date approached, we figured we had to address it somehow.

I had a conversation with her where I told her it had been really fun to pretend, but that there really was no baby in her tummy. We assured her that she would get a baby to take care of now, and that someday she would probably have a baby in there. The next thing I knew she was curled up under the table whimpering. She was so sad. So we decided to make a big deal about baby horsie's birth.

Off to build-a-bear...


...where baby horsie came to be. She adores this horse. She takes great care of her.


Oh boy, she's growing up. She's amazing.

Mae is so excited for her little sister to get here too. She tells her everyday that she's ready for her to come out so they can play. Now if only this sweet baby would listen!

11 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! She is just growing right up. She's cute as can be! I'm glad she had her baby horsey, and I'll be excited to hear when you have your baby too!

chloe said...

Seriously, I can't believe how big she is. I have a nephew. In fact, I don't know if you remember Justin, but he's got a four-year-old little boy...
Justin's here now, in the MBA program, too. We actually were just talking about you today. (We went to J Dawg's for lunch.)

Ruth said...

so sweet.

austinamasandra said...

Have to love the jeans, the pink shirt and the bow on the horse. :) Mae is going to be a GREAT big sister!

Denise said...

I think baby horsie is AWESOME. You might even be jealous....

That Girl said...

TOO CUTE. And a great idea, to boot.

buttercup said...

So cute! I can't believe how grown up she is! She will be a great big sister.

janae said...

You are so cute for indulging her. I love that! :)

Sarah Johnson said...

love it! and congrats on the opening of headquarter...i looked at all the pics from the big event and all i can say is, wow. i'm so angry i never got to savor one of those dawgs, when i had the chance!! you guys look great..

darcie said...

Mae is too cute! She is getting so "old" looking and her hair is so long, she's adorable! Also, I love her skirt!

Harmony said...

so THAT'S why she has baby horsie! It all makes sense now! (maybe you told me before but I'm a crackhead and didn't remember). I LOVE that picture of Mae holding the horsie with such a huge smile on her face! That girl is so beautiful, like her mommy! :)